My Facebook Account is Deactivated Update 2019

To state that Facebook plays a large component in my life is a bit of an understatement-- as I make certain it is for any other social networks manager. Not only do I use it to correspond with family and friends-- yet I'm for life adding material to among the many pages I admin, whether for myself or for clients.

My Facebook Account Is Deactivated



Facebook Disabled My Account



Picture my shock when I tried to sign right into Facebook one morning just to receive the adhering to message:

My account was disabled? What does that even imply?

I tried to visit with another web browser and also I got the exact same message. Facebook handicapped my account!

Facebook provided a kind submission web page for those wishing to write to Facebook concerning their disabled account, as well as I emailed them basically asking why my account was disabled and also exactly how I can get gain access to back to the numerous pages I'm an admin for. I clarified that I manage a variety of pages for customers, and also was always mindful about the material I uploaded-- nevertheless, my moms and dads get on Facebook also.

After sending the e-mail to Facebook, I sent out an e-mail to the buddies that's e-mail addresses I in fact had and discussed what occurred. Thanks to the connect-ability of Facebook, a lot of my friends were just able to be gotten in touch with by me on Facebook.

The replies I obtained from that email were categorized right into three different categories:

- WTF/WTH-- why would certainly they do that ??
- Is it due to the fact that you published political stuff (I like Ron Paul and common content regarding #OWS).
- Perhaps someone flagged you.

I research a few of the posts by others who have had their accounts disabled to learn why my own was unexpectedly pulled-- without alerting I must include. The publishing days on the posts extend the lifetime of Facebook, revealing that the company has actually forever been on a behind-the-scenes project of disabling accounts at their discernment.

I located some write-ups by famous blog writers or reporters, consisting of Roger Ebert, Robert Scoble, as well as Stan Shroeder (Mashable). A lot of these high-profiled Facebook users had their accounts and/or web pages reabled right after Facebook found who they disabled. For the remainder people, we're generally on our own.

Checking out these short articles didn't instill much hope in me or my situation. The understanding of what I shed was starting to set in also.

Throughout the years I had computers accident, stolen, shed, and so on as well as relied on Facebook to organize all my travel as well as event pictures. The website isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so why not post all my images on Facebook for my friends and also household to check out at their discernment? There were well over 2000 photos, countless videos, article (notes), plus all the get in touches with (I still have not been able to reconnect with several that were all lost when Facebook handicapped my account). This was seeming a really bleak circumstance as I further recognized just what was shed.

I needed to reclaim access to Facebook to take care of the pages for my clients, and also for my very own ventures. A number of my pages' admin access were shown a partner and also were quickly set back up with the brand-new Facebook account I begrudgingly produced, cursing Facebook under my breath as I established the brand-new account.

Several of the Facebook web pages admin access were shared with my clients, whom I needed to get in touch with to have them re-add me with my new account. Every one of them asked "Why did your account obtain disabled?" and truly so. I, too, would question the person I paid to manage my Facebook web page why their Facebook account was disabled. Would not you?

I still don't have an answer to that question. "I have no suggestion" is the answer I still give, due to the fact that its real. Facebook has still yet to offer me a reason why my account was disabled. After reviewing the factors Facebook impaired accounts on their web page I was still at night. I really did not spam-add people, blog post sex-related content, pester any person. so why they removed me really did not make good sense. Only after I review various other articles did I understand a little bit much more.

Facebook can disable your account if your display screen name is different than that on your birth certification. Mine was, yet not by a lot. It was still phonetically the same, yet meant different than the remainder of my family members. I likewise had a client that just recently utilized a contest promo to raise their email listing. According to Facebook promotional standards, competitions can only be operated on Facebook via a couple of applications: ShortStack as well as WildFire. Could that be why my account was disabled? I examined that customer's Facebook web page and it was gone also. Aha!

Although the competition had not been exactly hosted on Facebook (it was hosted on the customer's site), and the champion was alerted through email (you can not introduce victors on your wall surface), I was confident this was the offending activity which had me brought in off Facebook without so much as a 'Adieu'.

At this moment it was about a week given that I initially wrote Facebook that eventful early morning, as well as I still had not received a reply. I reviewed the web page permitting me to contact Facebook, as well as explained that I currently had a far better idea regarding why they disabled me, and that I was sorry. I vowed never ever to do something like that once again (was it actually that negative??) if they simply reable my account.

I sent that off and also waited once more. After a few more days I understood something. something extremely important-- I produced a filter in gmail for Facebook emails. Even if they did email me, I would have never gotten the email due to the fact that it was set to "Miss Inbox/Delete". Rough.

So I sent out an additional email to Facebook, this time letting them recognize that I had a filter on my gmail and also if they did contact me prior to this e-mail, I would have never received it.

A couple of days later I lastly received an e-mail from Javier at Facebook. Right here's the only action I'll likely get from Facebook:.
Hi,

Unfortunately, your account has been permanently disabled for violating Facebook’s Terms. We will not reactivate it for any reason.

This will be our last email regarding your account. For more information about our policies, please read the Facebook Community Standards: https://www.facebook.com/communitystandards/

Thanks,

Javier
User Operations
Facebook

What an adolescent feedback-- sure Facebook is a 'young' firm, however I make sure there need to be someone there with far better tact than 'we're not mosting likely to reable your account-- don't email us again.' ALRIGHT Facebook.

So what did I gain from my experience with Facebook?

1. Back up your account! You never ever understand if/when they'll choose to delete you.
2. Do not manage your different customer's pages with the exact same account. If one page/account gets erased, you won't lose them all.
3. A great deal of my friends are pretenders who's profiles are either concealed from search, or they disabled the "Include as a friend" button making it difficult to re-add them.

Its been about a month considering that I had my account disabled, and also had great deals of time to reflect on the experience. I haven't attempted to speak to Facebook directly considering that I got the e-mail from Javier, however I did begin the website www.facebook-disabled-my-account.org, and also the hashtag campaign on Twitter #FBdisabledMe to accentuate the adverse experience.

Do I desire Facebook to transform their disabling policy? Nope.

I manage a couple of MU sites and also if you desire someone off your website, of course delete them/block them/whatever. But for Facebook to disable the account as well as to maintain the data/photos/videos/ connections/blog messages, that is wrong. What would Facebook be if no one uploaded material onto the website-- No pictures to share or tag-- No articles to Like-- No standing updates to LOL at-- It would certainly be NOTHING.

Facebook should allow those that they disabled to download their account, letting them fetch their photos/videos/notes/ and so on, prior to going off to the barren wastelands of Google+, or to RT their buddies status updates (as opposed to 'Liking' it). Facebook currently makes it feasible for an energetic account to be downloaded and install, so why not a disabled account?

It's time for Facebook to get a bit more mature around-- particularly with their IPO revealed. I'm actually thinking about buying stock so they will have to listen to my complaint-- at the minimum I'll make money from them.

Have you had your Facebook account disabled? Did you get it back, and also if so how?